Saturday, February 2, 2013

I'm going to QuiltCon!

In just a couple of weeks, I'll be enjoying warm temperatures, time with one of my best friends, eating in fun new places, checking out the sights in Austin, Texas, and enjoying QuiltCon!

Here's a picture of me for those of you also going who might want to find me:
It's not the greatest picture, but it's me.

 So, to participate in the whole "I'm going to QuiltCon. Here are 5 things about me.", here are 5 things about me!

1)  First and foremost, I'm a Christian and want to love God and others. 

2)  I can tie a maraschino cherry stem in a knot in my mouth. 

3)  My sister and I used to talk to each other in a made up language called Ong.  Basically, you spell out each word and for every consonant, you add ong and for every vowel you say it long.  For example, my name is E mong I long yong.  Our favorite to say was our grandma's name (Helene Mowen) Hong E long E nong E Mong O wong E nong! :) Really, say it fast.  It's fun.

4)  Speaking of my Grandma Mowen, I miss her very much.  She was a quilter, crafter, and wonderful lady.  She passed away when I was 18 and I have only started sewing in the past few years so we didn't get the opportunity to really share our excitement or love of quilting.  I find myself frequently wishing that I could ask her opinion about a quilt I'm making, but I'm so thankful for the time that I knew her and that I have quilts that she has made. 

5)  I get to stay with my college roommate while in Austin!  Anna visited me here a couple years ago and now I get to visit her.  She is graciously letting me, my friend Pam, Leila from my quilt guild, and Leila's baby stay at her place. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you to get to go to QuiltCon! I hope you and Leila have a fabulous time. You'll love Austin. It's where our son went to college (Univ. of Texas) and where he and his wife got married-one of those destination weddings, on Lake Travis. Oh my... and who knew about these amazing talents you have with maraschino cherries and a special language! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, hey, here's where you can leave a comment. It will make me feel happy.