Here's a picture of me for those of you also going who might want to find me:
|It's not the greatest picture, but it's me.|
1) First and foremost, I'm a Christian and want to love God and others.
2) I can tie a maraschino cherry stem in a knot in my mouth.
3) My sister and I used to talk to each other in a made up language called Ong. Basically, you spell out each word and for every consonant, you add ong and for every vowel you say it long. For example, my name is E mong I long yong. Our favorite to say was our grandma's name (Helene Mowen) Hong E long E nong E Mong O wong E nong! :) Really, say it fast. It's fun.
4) Speaking of my Grandma Mowen, I miss her very much. She was a quilter, crafter, and wonderful lady. She passed away when I was 18 and I have only started sewing in the past few years so we didn't get the opportunity to really share our excitement or love of quilting. I find myself frequently wishing that I could ask her opinion about a quilt I'm making, but I'm so thankful for the time that I knew her and that I have quilts that she has made.
5) I get to stay with my college roommate while in Austin! Anna visited me here a couple years ago and now I get to visit her. She is graciously letting me, my friend Pam, Leila from my quilt guild, and Leila's baby stay at her place.