Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm back!

So for the 2 or 3 of you who read my blog, I apologize for not posting for such a long time!  I was preparing for QuiltCon, at QuiltCon, and then recovering from QuiltCon!  So you can anticipate lots of blog posts in the near future, because 1) I took lots of pictures and 2) I have things I've been thinking about and things I'm excited to share.  

Today I'll just update you on what I did just before QuiltCon.  First, my mother had a birthday at the beginning of February and I thought it would be fun to make her a cake that would be a surprise.
M & M decoration
The surprise inside - it's a rainbow!
It was fun to see her cut into it and realize that it wasn't just a boring old single color cake in there. :)

Then there was Valentine's Day, so I stitched up a little something for my husband.
 I gave my son a bag of Sour Patch Kids.  I think candy is his love language.

Then I had some bee blocks to make:
I used this tutorial to make these blocks for the Harmony circle of do. Good Stitches and I really like how they turned out.
I made these blocks for Deb from Trio Stitch Studio for the Mo-Stash Bee

I had some extra pieces from making those two blocks, so I made this one for fun so she can put it on the back of the quilt.
 
Then I made two more blocks for the Sister's 10 BOM at Gen X Quilters. 





And I made myself a new name tag to wear at QuiltCon and guild meetings.
I used a leftover strip that was cut from my QuiltCon block submission (the header of my blog) for the border and cut out the letters for my name from the Julia Rothman line"Type".

Backside of my name tag.  My son loves elephants and my husband has drawn a really cool picture of a turtle, so these are little reminders of the guys I love while I'm away from them.  It has a little pocket so I can stick business cards in there.
Okay, so that about wraps it up for what went on before QuiltCon as far as making stuff.  Tomorrow I'll share some about the trip to Austin!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hey, here's where you can leave a comment. It will make me feel happy.